1. Users information that supply us
- Users sign up with full name, email address, company, contact, team size, your industry, your role, and your password.
- Users upload files such as word, powerpoint, excel, pdf, etc…, imagery, icons, videos and audios to the MyLMSplus service in order to create E-learning courses (uploaded content).
- These assets are stored on MyLMSplus servers, and not used for any purpose other than allowing you to edit your courses, and ensuring the continuity of your service.
- We back up this data to encrypted media stored in the cloud.
- We do not store copies of your uploaded content on any form of removable media, or in any of our office locations.
- We do not recreate any of your uploaded content, or show your uploaded content to anyone outside of your organisation.
- We may view and edit your uploaded content in the course of helping you to complete work on your courses, but we will not access your uploaded content outside of that.
- Copyright of your uploaded content is not transferred to MyLMSplus, but nor do we take any responsibility for copyright infringements.
2. Information we derive through your use of the service
- We collect usage statistics about our Users, and which courses they edit and publish
- We do this to tailor our services, advice and communication to the needs of the individual Users.
- When Learners view the courses you have created, we collect a variety of data
- For ALL course release modes, we collect usage data, including pages accessed, answers to questions, activities, resources, events, glossary, badges, and overall results of courses.
- This data is anonymous, except in the following situations:
- Online Public course releases that use the ‘Self sign-in’ option to identify themselves using email address and password.
- We also forward completely anonymous usage data to 3rd party services to assist us in providing continuity. These include, but are not limited to Google Analytics (Traffic statistics).
- We do not use or access your learner data, except to provide general usage statistics, and to allow you access to download your own data.
- We will never share this data, or use it for our own purposes, outside of what is detailed above.
3. Information Use
The purpose of the MyLMSplus is to make education a part of everyday life, accessible and affordable for anyone, anywhere, at any time, in a wide variety of disciplines. MyLMSplus encourages collaboration, sharing of knowledge and effective practice to improve online education in the areas of learning effectiveness, access, affordability for learners and providers, and student and faculty satisfaction.
4. Special Offers and Updates
MyLMSplus sends all new users welcoming emails to notify a verification of email address and password. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, and special deals. Out of respect for our users’ privacy we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
5. Service Announcements
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users emails. These communications are not promotional in nature.
6. Customer Service
MyLMSplus communicates with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account. We reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user’s wishes.
7. HTML-based emails
HTML-based emails sent by MyLMSplus often contain images (gifs, jpg, png, or jpegs) that are located on our web server. The loading of these images when the HTML-based email is opened is logged as part of our normal web-logging process. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
8. Information security
We work hard to protect MyLMSplus and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt all of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to MyLMSplus employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.